Thoughts from Journeys Past and Journeys to Come

Last year my world was completely turned upside down, and inside out.
December 3rd, 2013 I made my transition back to the States after living on the north eastern coast of Honduras for 22 months. I remember being so grieved to leave my beloved Honduran family, but so excited to see what was next. So ready to be back with my family and friends, to start something new. After working at a small bank in Salado for almost 6 months, I found myself on a plane back to Honduras for the summer. I was thrilled to be going back! I had been aching to hug and see all the people I had poured out 22 months of my life with, I was truly ecstatic. I honestly remember thinking, "This will be so good to see them for a couple months, get my fix in and then head back to the states to start my new job at the School for the Deaf in Austin. This will be a great time."
Have you ever thought you knew what you were doing with your life and then BAM, God says, "No, I have a better plan"? This has happened to me countless times, but this was the first time I was completely blind sided.
During those couple months in Honduras my world felt wrecked. Everyone was asking me why wasn't I staying in Honduras, "there's so much to do" and every time I heard them ask, I wanted to burst into tears. I didn't understand why, and I didn't have an answer for them.
A couple days after an amazing camp with all of the Deaf, I was back on a plane to the U.S.
I was such a mess. I was so physically, emotionally and spiritually exhausted I literally felt like a wreck. I did not want to leave, but I knew I felt like I needed to be back in the states, but  I could not give a specific reason why.
About a month later, right before I was going to move to Austin, I remember sitting in my room, sobbing. I have never felt so upside down. I couldn't understand what God was doing. Was I supposed to be in the states or in Honduras?? Or now, PERU??!!! (During the summer, the idea was brought up to start a Signs of Love Peru, and I was asked if I wanted to be part of it...)
I was so confused.
So. I prayed. And prayed.
I went back to Honduras in November 2014 for a surprise visit to see the kids I had taught in 2012, graduate the 6th grade. One the most exciting trips I've taken.
The next January, 2015, I met with a leader of the Austin Stone Community Church's Missions team. A few months later, I was approved to join a "Goer Missional Community" group starting August 2015 with the hopes of moving back to Honduras and from there moving to Peru, to proclaim His Great name to the Deaf.

I am so thankful for the Love that has been lavished upon me, I have to carry this Love to where it is not known, to be the vessel for His light to illuminate the darkness.

"I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness."
John 12:46






Thanks for reading my muddled thoughts :)

Because He lives!

Comments

Popular Posts