It's Real Life!


Hmm... where do I begin?? Let me start by apologizing for taking 100 years to begin this blog! Thank you all for waiting patiently :)

I guess I will continue from the beginning... I made it safely to Honduras on Wednesday February 1, 2012. Wow, it's still weird for me to write 2012! Anyway, the trip was very easy (minus the fact that I definitely missed my flight to Houston, however God was/is in control and I managed to catch another flight that left only 20 minutes later :) ). I was greeted at the San Pedro Sula airport by Jessie, Daniel, and Joy my fellow Signs of Love staffers (they all have been working here in Honduras for the past year). After lunch at subway we made the 3 hour drive to La Ceiba my new hometown.

My first week here in Honduras feels like a blur, from my first Honduran soccer game, to trying to become friends with the bugs, lizards and hot weather.

Before I left for Honduras, I may have told you that my main responsibility with Signs of Love would be tutoring and working in villages all along the northern coast, however this is no longer the case at all. About three-ish weeks before I left, I was informed that I would be the teacher for the Deaf at the school for special needs children Emilia D'Cuire. At first, I wasn't really sure what this meant. Was I really going to be entrusted with the education of 13 deaf Honduran children ages 10-22? The answer, yes of course I am! When this news finally sank in, I panicked. I know nothing about Deaf Education, and I never even student taught while at UMHB, what was God thinking?? There was no way I would ever be good enough to be the teacher I should be. Why did it have to be me when there is a world full of trained Deaf Ed teachers that would do a fantastic job of teaching those kids? And that's when I realized, that is EXACTLY why God chose me. I definitely cannot do this on my own so of course He chose me. This way He gets all the glory. I feel so unworthy to be a part of His amazing plan with these incredible people.

I have now finished a week and a half of school and it has been a crazy, tiring, chaotic, mess and I am loving every second of it.

Well, that's all for now!! More detailed stories definitely to follow :)

I love you all!

Have a blessed day.

Comments

  1. thats great...kathryn. we are praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, I'm beyond excited for you!!! That is so awesome that you're the new teacher! Can't think of someone better to fill in that role. Seeing you serve over the past summer leads me to believe that without a doubt, you are going to do an A-MAZING job with those kiddos! Say hi to them for me please!!! Haha. I hope they remember me... =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts