A Cord of Three Strands


Sisters. I never thought I'd say I missed them, but I do. Thankfully, God has not forgotten me and has blessed me with 2 new sisters here in Honduras. Not that my 2 beautiful sisters could ever be replaced, but God knew I would need someone to play the part, and He has placed me in a house with 2 young women with whom i can live life. I'm not sure why God has always blessed me with amazing roommates; I have never had a bad roomie experience since my freshman year in college. And now the blessings continue as I find myself living with Joy and Fanny.

The three of us act just like sisters. We often joke that Joy is the older sister and Fanny and I are the sisters that are only 9 months apart. Fanny and I fight, play jokes on each other and Joy has to remind us to turn the lights out when we leave a room or turn the water pump off when we are done showering, or more dangerously that we forgot to turn the gas to the stove off. However Joy joins in the fun most of the time too. An extension to our family are our parents, Jessie and Daniel. Jessie and Daniel have served with SofL for one year now and fit beautifully into the family photo. Jessie is a great planner and very responsible so we call her our mother. Daniel is her husband so he is obviously the father. However, sadly, they live in an apartment right next door and not in our house.

Our house is quite unique, first of all because it is not only our house; it is Signs of Love headquarters. Monday-Friday the house is filled with 4 Deaf Hondurans and 4 American staff members, and for the past month 2 volunteers have been in the house as well. So office hours tend to be pretty crazy!

One night Fanny and I were looking through Jessie and Daniel's dvd collection when Fanny came across "The 6th Sense". I explained it was a scary movie where a little boy sees dead people (big mistake, I absolutely HATE scary movies) and she was immediately fascinated. I informed her that I had never seen it nor did I ever plan to. So she planned a movie night a few nights later when her best friend Nancy (also SofL staff member) came to stay the night, to watch "The 6th Sense". I told everyone I planned to go to my room and hide during the movie, however I was told I had no choice, I had to watch the movie. Fanny said, "Why are you scared? You're supposed to trust God! Have faith!"

So much to my dismay, Joy, Daniel, Jon (volunteer photographer), Fanny, Nancy and I all sat down to watch the scary movie. At several specific points in the movie I screamed loud enough for even Nancy and Fanny to hear. They were annoyed. :)

After the movie we all went our separate ways to sleep or to finish working. While I was working, minding my own business, Nancy and Fanny crawled up behind me and scared me! Thus begun a war, scaring each other any chance we got, which is still going on to this day.

Needless to say life here is very rarely dull.

This is just a taste of how life can be here at the SofL mission house, each day is a memory made!



Sisters!




Mom and Dad (Jessie and Daniel Fox)




I almost forgot our 6th addition to the family!
Here is our cat Luna. I've never been a cat
person but I must admit she is growing on me.
This is her after Jon and I gave her a bath
in lime juice to rid her of her flea infestation.
:)


Thanks for reading!
May the God who is able to do immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine be with you today.

Comments

Popular Posts