let's talk about love... ultimate cliche thoughts of a single lady

Happy Valentine's Day or as we say in Honduras, Feliz Dia de la Amistad (Friendship Day)!

I am writing this because I want to give glory to my King Jesus for His persistent pursuit to win my heart.
So whether you find yourself single, married, dating or somewhere in between... I pray you find love and encouragement today. <3 <3

I can't lie, a few years ago I never would have attempted to write a blog about singleness... about the contentment I have one day or the completely wrecked and lonely heart I encounter the next. That was only for my private cries to Jesus. Not for blog writing.
{disclaimer: I have, however, read my fair share of blogs on singleness and dating... just never thought I'd write one ha}

For the past few years I have truly tried to believe Paul's word as he wrote to the church in Corinth: "Sometimes I wish everyone were single like me-a simpler life in many ways! ... God gives the gift of single life to some, the gift of married life to others." 1 Corinthians 7:7 MSG

Singleness a gift?? I can't count the number of times I've refused to believe this, or begged God to help my heart believe it.

Today I am overjoyed to share with you the most cliche but true thoughts I could have about the day in which we celebrate love. 
In the past I have ignored, or suppressed, thoughts about "singles awareness day" or ate my weight in ice cream with gal pals. 

But as I sit alone in a coffee shop in Honduras enjoying my favorite latte and an oreo muffin.... I read this:




Is it possible that I have reached a day and time in which I agree with Paul's {in my opinion, absurd} comment that singleness is a gift? 
I am laughing to myself as I process being thankful to be single today. 
It doesn't seem possible.
I think about the energy some couples put into celebrating this day and celebrating their union together... For the first time in my life, I am overwhelmed with the thought that I get to use all of that energy to pour myself out to the best, and true, and only Valentine. 
The one who made a "covenant to betroth me to Him forever in righteousness, justice, steadfast love and mercy." 
The one who "had mercy on me when my name was No Mercy. The one who calls me My People when my name was Not My People." (Hosea 2:16-23)
The Valentine who says "I have loved you with an everlasting love". (Jeremiah 31:3)

This last year I have seen Jesus pursue me and woo my heart to His over a thousand times.  So to be ultimately cheesey and cliche... [by the power of the Holy Spirit] HE is the only Valentine I have room in my heart for today. 
Praise Him, Praise Him, Praise Him!

It is obviously my prayer to one day share this day with my husband and glorify Jesus through that.. but until then oh how my heart is filled with joy to only have to think about the One who, in the end, is the ONLY One

So whatever your day looks like today, I pray passionately that you are able to see Jesus pursuing you like no person on this earth ever could. 
Turn to Him, He is persistently waiting for you to give Him all of your attention. 
He will not disappoint. 
He will in fact will leave you with hearts for eyes for days and days into eternity.

"Come, let us return to the LORD; for he has torn us, that he may heal us; he has struck us down, and he will bind us up." Hosea 6:1





Comments

Popular Posts